Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ferguson Family Update recovering from an emergency appendectomy last Wednesday, early morning. We spent two days in the hospital. He passed out two times after surgery reducing me to a big ball of raw nerves and emotions. After being home for a couple of days and me pampering him something silly, I finally asked him to do something for himself. "Oh man," he said. "Mean Keelie is back." WHATEVER! While I am working on making "Nice Keelie" a permanent fixture, I've got a household to run, people! Love him, glad he's well, and we'll never have to worry about his darn appendix again. over her RSV but developed a rash late last week. Yesterday morning my mom (who keeps my kiddos on T/TR) called me with concern that the rash was beginning to look like something akin to chicken pox. So, the inevitable and familiar trip to the pediatrician ensued. Nope, not chicken pox. We asked the doc to list some possibilities. "Strep, staph...we're not really sure. We'll know in 48 hours when the test results come in. Not to worry." Well, that's great. In the mean time, my baby girl is either suffering from a potentially serious infection or a heat rash. I'll let you know.

Jonah...has remained surprisingly healthy this winter. He is still trying to get a handle on potty training. We are hoping for some consistency by 4 yrs. Hey, I've never been one to set really high standards where morals are not concerned. The sweet boy did run full-force into his buddy yesterday. The two "bonked" heads, as he put it. When I got home, Jonah had a purple knot on his forehead the size of a golf ball. It looked horrendous. Coming home to see that wasn't really the way I wanted to start off the relaxing part of my day but at least we didn't have to go to the ER. Hallelujah!

Frankie...our first baby, a miniature dachshund, is no longer with us. While Justin was recovering from surgery, my mom took Frankie for a little vacation. While she had him, she found a much needed new home for the little darlin'. He has moved just down the road and now enjoys the company of another little doggy friend and two rather large ones. I hear he is still adjusting to those new acquaintances. He has access to a large fenced-in backyard and will receive the attention that he so desperately needs and deserves. I have been missing him something awful, but I know he is in a better place. I dropped some socks the other day and as I was rushing to rescue them from imminent doggy danger, I realized that this was no longer a threat. I just left the socks lying there for a day or remembrance.

Me...I am just happy that my little family is together again--stitches, rashes, bruises and all. I am thankful for friends who pray for doggy homes and my sanity, thankful for an extended family that makes life easier, not harder and most of all, I'm thankful for a God who throws promises my way when I am grasping for something to hold onto.

1 comment: