Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Six Flags Reflections

Yesterday we took Jonah to Six Flags. It was fun and actually went much better than Justin and I had anticipated. We rode the merry-go-round, Taz roller coaster, Mini Mine Train, the Asseradero (Log Ride), Yosemite Sams' Gold River Adventure (Cave Ride), and a little truck ride in Looney Tunes Land. It was a much different experience than Justin or I had ever had at Six Flags, that's for sure!

At one point, we were walking in front of the Roaring Rapids where the name of the ride is carved into the side of a large rock wall. I looked at it and commented to Justin that the wall had seemed so much bigger and awe-inspiring when I was a kid. To that he replied that everything seemed bigger then. It's true. Perspective is huge. Part of what I love about being a parent is being able to experience that feeling of wonder again through the eyes of my child.

I will mention that you might want to avoid the corn dogs next time you are at Six Flags. As if the 30 minutes spent in line and $5.50 price tag weren't discouragement enough, the darn thing was still frozen when I finally bit into it! And the replacement dog was not frozen, rather room temperature. I'd have to agree with the Good Lord that lukewarm is absolutely not a good thing to be. Especially if you're a long skinny tube of mechanically separated meat bi-products.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you took Jonah to Six Flags...we're not brave enough to try that yet with Katy. Although, now that I think of it...she probably would have a blast in Looney Tunes Land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIke I said, it really wasn't bad. She would probably have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I was pretty shocked when I read you took Jonah to Six Flags! lol! Glad it turned out well and that you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete