Sunday, April 5, 2009

All Things New

I love all things new. New babies, new shoes, new craft supplies, new blog backgrounds...a new JOB! New things just make me happy. I was reminded of this today as I drove down a familiar stretch of highway which boasts some of the most breathtaking views around. I took in the budding leaves, the vibrant green grass, the precious new calves keeping close to their mammas. I just kept thinking--God makes all things new. He is the one and only life-giver. He is the only one who can take us, filthy rags that we are, and transform us into something that is totally new. He wipes clean the slate that is our sin-scribbled life and begins His own masterpiece day, after day, after day. And if that weren't enough, what we've experienced here on earth will pale in comparison to our "newness" in Glory--when we see Him face to face. Longing for that day...


2 comments:

  1. Keelie, I love this song. Thanks for sharing it with us. I had not heard it prior to this, and it's interesting because I shared this passage as an encouragement to a brother today who was being baptized.(2 Cor. 5:17) This tells the story of new life in Christ so wonderfully! (then you throw SC Chapman's God-given musicianship into the mix....beautifully done!) Have a wonderful week sister in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy--I love this song also. It has a special place in my heart because I purchased the CD when I was pregnant with my first--Jonah--and this was the first song on the album. The strong base line made him kick like crazy and it absolutely thrilled me. Needless to say I listened A LOT and thanked God for the NEW life that was growing inside me.

    ReplyDelete