Monday, December 26, 2011

Books for 2012

I have purchased several books on my Kindle that I have not read entirely. I just keep buying new ones, reading about 1/3 and then getting the next one. It is so EASY to do on the Kindle and for a book lover it can really get out of hand. I have got to stop it. So for 2012, I am not going to read any new books but rather finish the ones I have already started. It happens that there are 12, one for each month.

Here they are:

The Pursuit of God, A.W. Tozer
Jesus + Nothing = Everything, Tullian Tchividjian
The Holiness of God, R.C. Sproul
What is the Gospel?, Greg Gilbert
You Lost Me, David Kinnaman
Give Them Grace, Elyse Fitzpatrick
Gospel, JD Greer
The Discipline of Grace, Gerald Bridges
Freedom of the Will, Jonathan Edwards
The Reign of Grace, Scotty Smith
To Live is Christ, Beth Moore
The Problem of Pain, CS Lewis

Perhaps I will write about each one as I finish in an effort to hold myself accountable. Perhaps.

What are you reading?

1 comment:

  1. Like you, I have many books started but everything got put on hold for the last month or so while I prepared and then celebrated the holidays.

    I have to read Les Miserables by January 17th and it's been so long since I started that I need to start over! So, when things slow down around here that will be the book I am picking up first.

    P.S. I have a Nook by Barnes & Noble so I know all about the danger of buying electronic books!

    ReplyDelete