Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Customizing Your Blog

So, I've been working on a new look for my blog. Can you tell? I do this quite often and I really need to stop. As soon as I get all the kinks worked out, this will be it for a while. Promise. Until Christmas, anyway.

There are some really helpful, free sites if you are interested in creating designs for your blog. One of those is Shabby Princess. I was able to download a package that included all the cute elements (at least I think they're cute) you are seeing here on Red Writing. You can do the same thing and then using a program such as Photoshop or Publisher you can arrange and layer the "elements," as they are called, to create headers, grab boxes, signature lines, etc.

The Cutest Blog on the Block has a section dedicated to "Blog Secrets". Here you can find out how to make your blog have 3 columns, remove the navigation bar from the top of your blog, or even add different fonts than Blogger offers. It is pretty fun but can be time consuming and addictive. Consider yourself warned...and enlightened.

7 comments:

  1. I love both Shabby Princess and Cutest Blog on the Block!

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keelie! THANKS,Keelie!!! : ) I'm not even going to go there....but, that being said: I'm VERY tempted because I love the idea of arranging it the way you have. Too cute. I say, experiment on. It's the artist in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stopping by from SITS to say hi! I love the design! I have been getting tired of my look so I will have to check those sites out..thanks! have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas! My blog has gone from too cluttered to too bland, so I need to do something with it again but haven't decided what to do yet. I'm in need of the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I was just about to start hounding you with questions on how to do this and do that on a blog...Thanks for all the info. I'm sure I'll still have many questions though, so get ready! Love the new look by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! Not sure I'm going to go there though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete