Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cutie's Birthday



Today is my Jonah's 4th birthday. I have been thinking back to Septemeber of 2005 when I was pregnant with him. He was my first and I was ready for him to be here. After a long day of laboring to no avail, the Dr. decided we needed to have a C-section. Jonah arrived just a few moments later and our lives have never been the same.



I tend to complain a lot about our potty training follies, but that really is not all Mr. Jonah is about. He is about thoughfulness. He is about determination. He is about questioning. He is about candy...all about the candy.



Some of Jonah's sayings as of late:

"Rockstar is my middle name!"
"Are you kidding me?"
"That's rediculous!"
"Prove it!"
"I want to hold your ear."



The strong-willed child. This is a term we frequently use when describing Jonah. I believe that if you are raising a strong-willed child, then you are most likely raising a future leader. The question is, what kind of leader will he be? It is my job to ensure that he becomes equipped to lead like Jesus.



Dear Lord,
I pray your blessings over my precious angel boy. May he grow in You and Your Word and lean heavily on your promises for all the days of his life. I pray for Your Kingdom to be furthered because of his obedience and love for You. For this child, I give you all praise and humbly request your guidance as I strive to point him toward You. In Jesus name, Amen.



We love you, Jonah Bonah.



10 comments:

  1. Your son sounds like my little Noah!!! Happy birthday little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable pics...
    visiting from sits.

    smooches,
    Sassy Chica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bday Jonah!!! I love my niece and nephew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is so stinking cute!!! I love your new look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 4th Birthday, Jonah!! Nanna loves you THIS much!!!! You can hold my ear any time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jonah is a cutie!! Wish I still got to see him and Glory and your family! Keep enjoying and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 4th Jonah! I love him SO much! I still can't believe he's this old!!!

    ReplyDelete