Friday, April 22, 2011

When I Survey...


“If anyone would come after me,
let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:12

Daily.
Follow.
Self-denial.
Come after.
Me.
The Great I AM.
The Beginning
 and the End.
A Gift.
The Substitute.
On the Cross.
For all.
For those who spat. Cheered. Denied. Nailed. KILLED.
For you. For me. That's Love. Controlling. Compelling. Guiding.
So Daily...I follow? Simple. Beautiful. Protection.
Love.
Growth.
Life.
Step by Step.
Walking.
Away from me.
Losing me.
Dying to me.
Burying me.
Walking.
To Him.
Behind Him.
In Him.
Through Him.
For Him.
This.
Is.
Life!

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20 


Dear Lord--

Today, as I meditate on what my sin is responsible for, I must still ask things of you. If I didn't know better, I would be ashamed of that...but I do know better. I am totally dependent on you and you are waiting to hear from me. So I ask: Will you break my heart on this day? Will you show me what it really means that He died for all? Will you teach me what it means to regard no one by the flesh? Will you help me realize the magnitude of being made new? This gift from you is too great to not receive in full the understanding you are willing to give. I am listening. I am dying to know you more. Be glorified today. I am asking in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior--Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Thank you, Keelie for sharing this! God bless you!!

    Sunday is coming! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is amazing! I just love the words used and the prayer is so powerful! Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was a 'like' button. :)

    ReplyDelete