Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm thankful for the truth.

The truth hurts, but it sets us free.

The significant moments of my life, or times that I can look back now and see breakthrough, are all marked with a stark realization of truth. The truth was usually painful, whether to me or someone else. That it was painful never changed the fact that it was truth.

I think sometimes the truth can seem so overwhelming because we don't see how it can ever be worked out in our lives. There are many times that I run from the truth because it seems impossible to deal with. But Jesus said, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”(Luke 18:27 ESV) Even when we don't want to believe the truth, God can help. He will do it. (1 Thes 5:24)

The truth is that Jesus came to set us free from the lies that Satan has been whispering in our ear since the beginning of time. I'm so very thankful for the Truth that is the power to demolish strongholds. I'm thankful for the Truth that came to set captives, like me, free.

Truth = Life.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6 ESV)

0 comments:

Post a Comment