Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week One High/Low

We have survived the first week of school at home! Thank you, Jesus. THANK. YOU.

It was interesting to say the least. This homeschooling is not for the faint of heart. I spent the first half of the first day crying because my kids wouldn't do what I said to do. I was texting Justin at work saying, "The kids won't do what I say! I don't know what to do! This is bad." Lol. (It's funny now. Then--not so much). The kids generally do what I say but I'm not usually giving them as many directives as I was that first day. I guess my expectations were a little off. It did get better. No matter what, I already decided to give homeschool a good 10 years before I decide if I want to continue doing it or not. So until then we'll just trudge along in faith.

So week 1 high/low...

High:
Friday morning at the table reading from Proverbs and praying before starting our day. No surprise it was the best day of all!

Low:
Definitely crying on the first day of school in front of the kids. But in the end--maybe for the best. They are going to know I'm human sooner or later. Might as well be now.






0 comments:

Post a Comment