Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Evangelical Bailout Package

Okay, I'm sorry for the repeated posts on Evangelicalism here lately. I've been trying to sandwich in American Idol, pictures of cute kids and stuff about bacon to lighten the mood. But an article I read today, which is a response to M. Spencer's CSM article whose premise is debatable IMO, but equally interesting, really got me fired up.

Here is an excerpt:

...Keep offering the Every Man’s Battle book studies and provide a contemporary service at 12pm. I don’t care. What I do care about is that we create a real and serious assumption that being a Christian presupposes a belief and identity with the historic Christian faith. Call it catechism, call it membership, call it whatever, but when people trust Christ they need to know and understand the faith they have accepted. There is content, assent, and trust to our faith. If people don’t like history, if people don’t like theology, if they are dyslexic, or ADD, I don’t care. There is no excuse for us birthing people and setting them out on the streets, ignorant as newborns. The Christian faith must be taken more seriously...

Want to read more? The whole thing.

What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment